MOSCOW, Nov 9, 2020, Pan Pacific Agency. Russia’s PM Mikhail Mishustin has made nominations for six senior govt officials in his cabinet, including deputy PM and five ministers: of construction, of transport, of energy, of natural resources and for the development of the Russian Far East and the Arctic. According to the new procedure, since Nov 6 the State Duma should approve the candidacies of the PM, his deputies and ministers, and then the president appoints they.
Mikhail Mishustin proposed to appoint:
- Alexander Novak, the minister of energy – as the deputy PM, and Nikolay Shulginov, the head of state-owned RusHydro – as the minister of energy,
- Irek Fayzullin, the first deputy head of the ministry of construction – as the head of the ministry,
- Vitaly Savelyev, Aeroflot CEO, as the minister of transport,
- Alexander Kozlov, the minister for the development of the Russian Far East – as the minister of natural resources,
- Alexei Chekunkov, the director general at the Fund for the Development of the Far East and the Arctic, as the minister for the development of the Russian Far East and the Arctic.
Russian version of this article is available here.