The Pacific region is divided by the Pacific Ocean. But it’s also connected by it. Many political, trade, sport and cultural ties lie over the Pacific between the states on its shores.
There are very different states. However these countries have created several across Pacific (we called them ‘Cross-Pacific’) associations and groups.
Without exaggeration there are a real centers of the world now:
– the Arctic;
– The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation;
– The BRICS;
– The Association of Southeast Asian Nations;
– The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership;
– The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership;
– The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation;
‘Pan Pacific Agency’ monitors the activities of these associations and a Cross-Pacific ties between countries.