fbpx

Cambodia-Vietnam sign border agreements

Mr Hun Sen and Mr Nguyen Xuan Phuc presided over the review conference. PM Facebook. Sketched by the Pan Pacific Agency.

Pan Pacific Agency | COMMUICATION AGENCY FOR PACIFICA REGIONS

PHNOM PENH, Oct 6, 2019, Khmer Times. Prime Minister Hun Sen today said the completion of 84% of the land boundary demarcation work with Vietnam, reflected concrete efforts achieved by both governments over the last 14 years. Mr Hun Sen and his Vietnamese Counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc on Saturday presided over the Review Conference on Cambodia-Vietnam Land Boundary Demarcation, reported the Khmer Times.

Both leaders concluded with the signing of two legal documents – a document to support a 1985 supplemental protocol and 2005 agreement on border demarcation, as well as a document to acknowledge the demarcations as legal documents.

Speaking in a press conference, Mr Hun Sen said the border agreements are clear evidence to prove the hard work that both countries have committed to find the solution and to end conflict on the borderlines.

“Until now we have achieved 84%, we must continue to solve the remaining 16% of the border which is yet to be demarcated,” he said. “I would like to express my gratitude for efforts made by both governments who have sacrificed a lot to get this task completed.”

Mr Hun Sen noted that the government will make Cambodia-Vietnam borders into areas with no fear and people of both countries will enjoy living a decent live with development.

| Social Networking Service |

| | | | |
Follow Us
FacebookTwitterInstagramWhatsApp