fbpx

Philippine biggest media company ABS-CBN may be replaced by China-owned Dragon Broadcasting Network

A guard passes logo of ABS-CBN at the network’s compound, a day it was ordered shut by National Telecommunications Commission, May 6, 2020. The STAR/Michael Varca. Sketched by the Pan Pacific Agency.

MANILA, Jul 13, 2020, Philippine News. Waldy Carbonell reveals that China-owned Dragon Broadcasting Network will replace ABS-CBN. Previously, former anchor of ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC) and Iraq war correspondent Waldy Carbonell revealed that a Chinese company has offered him to become the editor-in-chief of a TV station. Accordingly, this station is set to replace the ABS-CBN, Philippine News reported.

The biggest media company in the Philippines, ABS-CBN, has recently shut down after majority of the lawmakers voted for its application to be junked. Famous celebrities and personalities are worried about the aggrieved employees who lost their job in this time of pandemic.

And now, standing firm in his revelation is Carbonell. In his latest video, he indicated that a Chinese-owned company called Dragon Broadcasting Network will replace ABS-CBN. It was accordingly planned even before to reject the franchise application of the network to give way to the new one. The denial of new franchise did not come as a surprise to him because he was offered of the said position.

He added that as long as the Malacanang allows it, despite the fact that a foreign-owned media company is not allowed in the country, it will still be pushed through. In the video, he also noted the name of 70 lawmakers who wanted to shut down ABS-CBN and pass it to certain countries to ban them from entering.

He said, “Ako po ay kinukuha bilang editor-in-chief ng news department. Mataas pong posisyon yan at aaminin ko, I feel flattered.”

Share it


Exclusive: Beyond the Covid-19 world's coverage